Friday, January 5, 2007

Modern Times.

Two old guys...cocked of their rockers,

Guy in front (to me): We've had a bit too much to drink.
Guy in back (to guy in front): I don't know why you always bring up religion when we go out, Fred.
Guy in front (whose name is apparently Fred - to me): Don't mind him, he just gets worked up.
Guy in back (angry that we are ignoring him - to both of us): Now you guys should listen to me, cause I know what I'm talking about. You ain't a Christian or a Protestant or a Jew. There ain't such a thing. They're all just stuff on earth made by man that keeps man in power. You can say you are whatever you are, but you ain't shit. You ain't a Buddhist, you ain't a Muslim, you ain't a Mormon...

Guy in front has gotten sick of drunk theology and turns around and shouts as we cruise into his driveway, "...AND YOU AIN'T BOB DYLAN SO JUST SHUT THE HELL UP!!!"

1 comment:

Sus said...

That's beautiful. Truly. Hee!