Wednesday, January 17, 2007

MAKEUP is to FACE as...

Maybe it's because I'm hypersensetive to bumperstickers since my little scavenger hunt on Sunday, but I seem to see them a whole lot more than I did before.

Like today I saw one that read:

MARY KAY: ENRICHING WOMEN'S LIVES

Maybe it's just me, but the only thought that went through my head for almost a half hour was,

"Enriching women's lives like farmers enrich fields with fertilizer."

...and now, thinking about it, just like too much fertilizer on a field makes it toxic rather than enriched...well, you figure the rest out for yourself.

4 comments:

Al said...

mary kay enriches womens lives! by enrolling them in pyramid schemes to take advantage of their friends' generosity! by selling them makeup they don't need! by calling me once a month to try to throw me a makeup party that I don't bloody want!

mary kay enriches my life, at least.

j said...

I just thought it would be funny to compare stuff that women put on their face to cow manure, but if you want to go that way, OK.

Al said...

...are you saying I smell?

j said...

Naw baby...NAW. I'm saying that I love your minimal use of makeup and just how classy you are.

Baby.