Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valintizzle...

So...My girlfriend has a blog too. Check out what she wrote:

Happy Commercial Chocolate Heart Day
Ah, ladies, just what you needed to reassure that your love can't be bought and sold amid the flurry of Valentine's Day jewelry store commercials... er,
wait.

J and I have elected to skip the "Oh my goodness, am I getting him/her the right gift?" madness and not celebrate Valentine's Day, per se. I mean, we go out to dinner a lot already and we're sweet on each other all the time anyways, so why condense it all into one particular day and buy crap we don't need/can't afford on this one particular day?

I wondered if we were maybe being too anti-establishment about it (because I can see us easily falling into that trap, with my 'up with women!' and his 'down with The Man!'), but it's really taken a load off my mind, knowing that I won't have to scrounge up money to buy him silk boxers he won't wear in the first place.I did get some lovely flowers in honor of President's Day, however. He knows it's hard for a gal to let go of the February Holiday thing.Me? I'm going to go celebrate my love with some sweet and stylish gifts. Nothing like some lingerie to say I'm always sexually available, or some makeup to say I could use a little touch-up here and there, right?

I only have one thing to say about her when it comes to this: GOD BLESS INTERNET PERSONALS!!! To everybody out there who has someone half as cool as I do: Happy Valentine's Day.

2 comments:

Sus said...

Hope you both had a wonderful commercial chocolate heart day! Though I gotta totally admit, I'm always down for chocolate, subject of commercial holiday manipulation or no. Gator and I usually go about business as usual except we randomly call each other "'Tine!" for several days leading up to Valentine's. We think it's awfully cute. That's probably why we're stuck with each other. :)

Al said...

ah, love in its many splendid forms :) awesome.