Sunday, February 4, 2007

Cold Enough For Me.

So the high today is -8 degrees. Fine whatever, the weather has never really bothered me, but I can't tell you how aggravating it is to hear:

"Cold enough for ya?"

thirty times in a row. No joke...30 DAMN TIMES.


The only thing that could possibly be worse was the phrase that invariably followed:

"I guess this Global Warming thing is just a bunch of crap, huh?"


Only to be summed up with:

"So who you like in the Super Bowl?"


Funny thing about cold weather and me is that it makes me completely uninterested in what anybody thinks of me, so instead of the usual fibbing and placating that is involved with my small talk, I just told the truth:

Q: "Cold enough for ya?"
A: It's not the cold that bothers me as much as hearing about it.

Q: "I guess this Global Warming thing is just a bunch of crap, huh?"
A: Actually no...it's not.

Q: "So who you like in the Super Bowl?"
A: I haven't seen a super bowl in eight years and was either deployed or underway for the last four. Can't say I'm all that interested.

I don't know why I didn't feel like engaging in the banal nonsense today, but it sure felt good to not act like hearing the same thing over and over was good conversation.

Yeah, so I didn't brighten any ones day, so sue me...it's cold out there, in fact, as it turns out, it IS cold enough for me.

No comments: